1. (transitive, of animals or plants) to cause to continue or multiply by generation, or successive production
2. (transitive) to cause to spread to extend; to impel or continue forward in space
3. (transitive) to spread from person to person; to extend the knowledge of; to originate and spread; to carry from place to place; to disseminate
7. (intransitive, computing) to take effect on all relevant devices in a network
8. (transitive, computing) to cause to take effect on all relevant devices in a network
The server propagates the password file at midnight each day.