aheldamine; aheldus; ahel- (2)
(a) ahelaga (a) kinnitamine, kettipanek
(b) ahela (b) moodustamine, jadastruktuuri tekitamine
1. (transitive) to fasten something with a chain
You should chain your bicycle to the railings to protect it from being stolen.
2. (figuratively) to connect as if with a chain, due to dependence, addiction, or other feelings
Sometimes I feel like I'm chained to this computer
She's been chained to her principles since she was 18, it's unlikely you can convince her otherwise.
3. (intransitive) to link multiple items together
7. (computing) to relate data items with a chain of pointers
8. (computing) to be chained to another data item