peatama (1); seiskama (1); peatuma; seiskuma
1. (intransitive) to cease moving
I stopped at the traffic lights.
2. (intransitive) to not continue
The riots stopped when police moved in.
Soon the rain will stop.
3. (transitive) o cause (something) to cease moving or progressing
The sight of the armed men stopped him in his tracks.
This guy is a ftaudster. I need to stop the cheque I wrote him.
4. (transitive) To cease; to no longer continue (doing something)
One of the wrestlers suddenly stopped fighting.
Please stop telling me those terrible jokes.
5. (transitive) to cause (something) to come to an end
The referees stopped the fight.
8. (intransitive) to stay; to spend a short time; to reside or tarry temporarily
to stop with a friend
He stopped for two weeks at the inn.
He stopped at his friend's house before continuing with his drive.
nonstop -- 1. lakkamatu 2. vahepeatusteta
stop! -- pea kinni!
stop bar -- stopptuled
stop button -- seiskamisnupp
stop by -- külastama; läbi astuma
stop filter -- tõkkefilter
stop it! -- lõpeta!
stop light -- stopptuli
stop off -- vahepeatust tegema
stop precision -- peatumistäpsus
stop up -- tõkestama
stop valve -- sulgeventiil
stopway -- pidurdusala
- peatama (2)
- peatama (3)