substraat; alusmaterjal; alusaine; toitekeskkond
1. (biochemistry) what an enzyme acts upon
2. (biology) a surface on which an organism grows, or to which an organism or an item is attached
The rock surface of a rockpool is the substrate for a sessile organism such as a limpet.
3. an underlying layer; a substratum
4. (linguistics) a language that is replaced in a population by another language and that influences the language imposed on its speakers
5. (plating) a metal which is plated with another metal which has different physical properties
6. (construction) a surface to which a substance adheres
7. the substance lining the bottom edge of an enclosure
The substrate of an aquarium can affect the water's acidity.
Stream substrate affects fish longevity.
väljastpoolt maksumärgistaja asukohta pärit maksumärgi materjal
material that a tax stamp is made of when it is produced away from the site of the tax stamp applier